Sunday 7 March 2010

So, Bob Backlund is your daddy and I'm gonna ramble about a Bob Backlund comp and make whiskey references!!

Title says it all, really. Been toying with the idea of starting one of these for a little while, and a great man -- a sober man -- convinced me to go ahead and do it since there might actually be a market for drunken idiots like me talking about something as goofy as pro-wrestling. "Hey, you should totally start a blog. And make it about WRESTLING!" Totally. Gonna start watching some BACKLUND later and I'll update this as I go. Should be interesting to see how long I can keep it up before I lose interest. Or just forget it even exists... Latter, probably. I'll update this post as I watch/talk about the comp as I go. 

1974 

1978 

1979 

3 comments:

  1. More Backlund please! The Ken Patera death match?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I half forgot I even started this whole thing with a Backlund project. I'll endeavour to watch the Patera death match at some point this week!

      Delete
  2. Also the Backlund/Owen vs Bret/Bulldog tag is excellent

    ReplyDelete